Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Questions to GM...

       I wrote this Blog because I was concern about the safety of these vehicles. I am lucky that a Rub Hit only gave my daughter the injuries that she had. I truly think this car needs to be reviewed for airbag safety. If you notice in the pictures the Ford Explores airbag did deploy and the driver walked away. If that vehicle would have hit my daughter in the drivers door would the airbag have deployed? The only injury that my daughter sustained, besides the normal body bruising, was a concussion from her head hitting the drivers window. The airbag could have prevented this. Another question I have for GM labeling this as a "Rub Hit" is why then was the car totaled by the insurance company?  Replacing plastic, which is what GM claims was damaged on the car, is not that costly. The insurance company would not have total this vehicle. I believe GM did not want to deal with another airbag complaint because this issue is teetering on a RECALL.
       Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Please share your comments with me. GM here is the picture of my daughters new car. I wish it was a Chevy, she loves it but best of all she feels Safe!



     Just a little more reading about GM airbag issues:  http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/gm_airbags.html

No comments:

Post a Comment