Friday, October 4, 2013

The Call To GM

        On Wednesday Sept. the 11th at 7:07 pm I made my call to GM ( 1-800-222-1020) and spoke with a rep. by the name of Yolanda.  I discussed with Yolanda the events that unfolded on the morning of the accident. She questioned me on how Ashley was doing and expressed her concerns for her. I then expressed my concerns about the airbags never deploying on her vehicle. I told Yolanda that my reason for calling was to see if GM wanted to look at the vehicle to collect information as to why this happened so that they can make their product safer for the consumer. I told her that my father has been a GM man all his life and I pretty much followed in the same path. My Dad talked Ashley into the purchase of this vehicle because of it's safety rating and of course because it was a Chevy. Yoland took my information down and told me that she would pass it along to another person that would contact me back in 24 to 48 hours. She gave me my GM case number to reference anytime I had questions during the process. Before hanging up I gave Yolanda the name and extension of the insurance agent that was dealing with Ashley's claim so that they could give them the heads up if they wanted to look at the car. She thanked me and said they would be in touch. On Monday, five day later, I received a call from Kathy with GM  ( 1-866-790-5600 ) . She explained to me that she would be handling the case and that she needed some information about the accident. We discussed everything from the time of day, the weather that day, to Ashley's height. She asked about other vehicles involved and if anyone was injured. I relayed all known information to her as well as the name again of  the contact person at my insurance company so they could tell them to hold the vehicle until it was inspected. On Sept. 20th my daughter received a call from an Yvette Young who is a third party administrator for General Motors working for ESIS/GM Central Claims Unit. She stated that she would be handling the claim and asked my daughters some questions one of them being , "What is the name of the insurance person who is handling your claim". This was the third time this information was provided to GM. In this world of technology it seems that things like this happen over and over again. Gm it's called a shared network. By now I'm getting upset because I have been informed that the vehicle has been totaled and a check will be issued for the value of the vehicle. I am not sure if they are going to hold the car long enough for GM to look at it. GM did setup an appointment to see the vehicle which was followed by a letter stating that this could take 3 to 6 weeks to come to a conclusion.  Remember the soul purpose of me doing this was to help GM out with information about there product so that they could make it safer. This was all done for them not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment